Pledged to the Health of the Company
Make a Donation
RESCU is humbled by the donations we receive. We know that our success depends completely on the generosity of those making financial contributions. Donations are graciously received in our Webstore at: RESCUstore.org.
We are always happy to welcome donors we can count on for a monthly or annual donation to support us. That requires a little more personal attention. Please reach out to us in an email to Fundraising@RESCUfoundation.org
Earn a Donation
You can also contribute without digging into your own pocket! We understand times can be tough and not everyone can drop a lot of cash to a charity. We are happy to have other options that can help add up to major help over time. Here are a few:
- Smile.Amazon.Com – Your everyday shopping can boost RESCU! Go to Smile.Amazon.com on your computer or download the app for your phone. Designate the RESCU Foundation Inc., Wheaton, IL as your AmazonSmile charity of choice and Amazon donates from their end a percentage of each purchase. It’s easy! Shop anytime anywhere, especially from the comfort of your home. If shopping by phone, be advised the charity choice is not automatic, so make sure your purchases count toward RESCU.
- Facebook Birthday Fundraisers – Facebook.com allows you to select RESCU Foundation, Inc of Wheaton, IL as your charity of choice to raise money in honor of your birthday. Facebook does not take a cut of fees and all money raised goes directly to your chosen charity.
- eBay – eBay offers the option of listing items for charity. You can select RESCU Foundation, Inc as the recipient charity and eBay does the rest. Contact us for details.
- Goodsearch – Use Goodsearch.com as your internet search engine and each click supports the RESCU Foundation! Simply choose “RESCU Foundation, of Wheaton, IL.” Consider installing the Goodsearch Tool bar!
- GoodShop -- GoodShop offers online purchasing from over 1,500 popular online stores. By shopping through that portal, you support RESCU at the same time you buy things you need--with no money out of your pocket!
- Giving Assistant – Giving Assistant is not a store-specific portal, but offers cash back on shopping with the choice to donate some or all to the RESCU Foundation. It’s easy! There are great deals from popular online retailers like JCPenney, Kohl’s, Macy’s and more than 1800 others. Using Giving Assistant supports the RESCU Foundation!
Employee Donation Matching
Many companies offer employee donation matching--or payroll matching. They will either match your monetary donation with appropriate paperwork (which we are happy to provide) or they will donate your usual salary based on an amount of hours you volunteer to the organization. Many of these programs have very small minimums or no minimum at all. Your $25 donation to RESCU Foundation could become $50, just by signing up! Studies have shown that 78% of match-eligible donors don’t know their company offers a matching gift program, and only 7% of donors at companies with matching gift programs actually submit a request.
We would love to add your company to our list of companies who do this flavor of charitable giving! Please, ask your employer today.
For the Benefit of (FBO) Events
FBO events are “For the Benefit Of” RESCU. Those are very important words. These are basically any event you would like to create to help benefit RESCU with the money raised. We’ve created a document that lists FBO events that have been successful in the past. It includes individual and group options, Renaissance Festival Specific Events as well as any time of year events. If you have other ideas don’t hesitate to get in touch and discuss! We love to hear your creativity!
Facebook Marketplace and Virtual Yard Sales
Do you participate in Facebook Marketplace or hold virtual Yard Sales to keep your clutter managed? We would love to be part of it. We’ve created some printable signage and instructions on how you can do either option to benefit RESCU occasionally. Please let us know you have items available to help benefit RESCU so we can help advertise as well.
R.A.P.P. (RESCU Artisan Partnership Program)
We heard you! RAPP was conceived from the request many vendors voiced, to have more options regarding donating their product to help the RESCU Foundation. You do not have to have a booth at a Renaissance Festival to participate. The process is simple: You designate an item or items for RESCU, but leave them displayed in your shoppe for patrons to purchase. When a designated item sells, you simply pass the donation on to RESCU. Your customer gets a feel-good moment, too, knowing they’ve helped you make a charitable contribution to our community.
Request a RAPP Kit today for all the pieces you’ll need. We provide multiple variations of tags to designate your item(s), brochures and cards to educate your buyers about RESCU, and the kit comes in an envelope easily mailed or collected when you’re ready to turn in your donation.
Are you a performer or entertainer transitioning to the digital world? Have you already made the leap and found the magic that is Live Streaming or Pre-Recorded Broadcasting? Musicians, Artists, Actors, Storybook Readers… whatever your variation of performance, RESCU is honored to accept donations in lieu of tips from your performance. We have created a Digital Supporter Packet that provides printable signage and some informational tidbits for your audience. Reach out before the event so we can help advertise as well.
We also have a new Digital Download opportunity available. Our new webstore allows the download of a song or video in exchange for donation. Do you have a new single available? Maybe an old classic everyone always requests? Do you have a skit that’s become a classic of your show? A new skit you want to test responses to? RESCU is happy to partner with any and all of these options. We can't wait to hear from you!
As RESCU continues to grow, so must our revenue streams! We are looking for grant writers to find grants that are a good match for RESCU Foundation and to ensure that all the t’s are crossed, and the i’s are dotted throughout the submission process. If you have grant research or writing experience, or would love to be involved in the initial state filing process for grants, we would love to hear from you.
Become a Sponsor
Corporate Sponsorship is a way to benefit everyone! RESCU is proud to partner with those that help us continue our support in the community. Please reach out to discuss a partnership option that is right for everyone!